Why to Choose Software Testing as a Career?
Software testing is a good option for adopting as a career. We tell you here some information of software testing. You can get here information about the future scope of software testing
- Software testing is a process of testing/checking a computer program or system for deciding if it meets the particular requirements and produces desired results. You can identify bugs or errors in a project or product. Software testing is very important to provide a quality product free from bugs. Testing is a process of thinking a lot. Imagination helps in testing and analysis. There are two main concepts. One is imagination and the other is analysis of defects.
There are many reasons for choosing software testing as a career:
- Software testing becomes a high demand in the market.
- Software testing is an innovative job.
- Testing is a platform independent. It works on any operating system without any changes in your testing process.
- Software Testing is a fair and consistent job.
- Testers get satisfaction by giving quality products to the end user.
- Software tester is the only one who enhances the confidence by giving error free delivery to the team.
Software Testing; A Gateway
- Testing is the gateway of a project. Tester is the shield of that gateway.
- Software Testers have a life with less stress compared to software developers.
- Testing doesn’t depend upon any technology.
- Software testing has a high growth rate.
Software Testing Job attributes : Software testing is performed either manually or by automated tools. Testing methods include white box testing, Black box testing and grey box testing.
- Challenging: Testing is a very challenging job as it will bring something new every day. If you want a job that helps you to learn new things daily choose to be a tester.
- Creative: It’s a very innovative job. You have to think broad in all directions and bring innovative ideas as working as the end-user.
- The software testing career is a high paying career. Software testers are always needed and companies will always recruit you.
- Software testing is more easy than software development
- Software testers will always be in demand as long as software development is there.
- Testing is completely team work. Testers need to work with developers and stakeholders.
- Testers need to be curious about things like what, when, why and how. More questions in mind help to perform well.
- Testers are well paid.
- Being a tester helps you to understand the requirements of the customer well.
- Testing is easy to learn and challenging.
Career Progression : In a CMMI level 5 company, your progression of career as a software tester (Quality Assurance Analyst) will be as below. It is different from company to company.
- Quality Assurance Analyst jobs are being offered to Freshers
- Senior QA Analyst jobs are being offered to candidates having 2 to 4 years of experience.
- QA Team Coordinator jobs are being offered to candidates having 5 to 6 years of experience.
- Test Manager Jobs are for candidates having 8 to 11 years of experience.
- Senior Test Manager Job are being offered to candidates having more than 14 years of experience.