ISTQB Certification: What you need to do?
The present situation of the market is aggressive. Taking an online test can enable you to separate yourself from the rest, expand your work possibilities, and result in higher compensation.
One such certification is the ISTQB certification that can help you out with your career choice. ISTQB stands for the “International Software Testing Qualifications Board.” It offers an internationally recognized certification for testers which is also known as “ISTQB Certified Tester”.
So before you think about taking up this course, let us take you through some key points.
No certification is complete without good hands-on experience on live projects. It also provides you with crucial knowledge and an understanding of what will work and what won’t.
Candidates having work experience are always a preferred choice for people undertaking any course.
If you are a fresher, or new to the field of software testing, this certification can certainly come to your rescue. You could also think about taking up an internship program or a higher education course.
The ISTQB certification is divided into 3 levels
An entry-level certification, this level is designed for both fresher as well as experienced professionals.
The advanced level course is designed for mid-level professionals who possess a minimum of 5 years of experience. The objective is to learn and understand advanced best practices and concepts of testing.
As the name suggests, the expert level courses are designed for true leaders in the field of software testing. These professionals have experience of more than 8 years. The objective is to make understanding and execution of the current cutting edge technology.
Why choose ISTQB Certification?
Several different certifications are available for testers. But the ISTQB continues to be the most favored one among most testers. Here is why:
- It is the number one testing certification, globally, with over 6,00,000 testing professionals across 100+ countries.
- The syllabus is updated frequently and is always in line with the trending developments in the testing domain. This adds more value to it.
- The certification focuses on the practical implementation of the testing concepts rather than theory. This means only professionals with expertise will be able to complete it.
- Through the 3 different levels, the certification helps in building a career path for the testing professional. Each level caters to a similar project designation in the organization.
- Most companies prefer ISTQB certified candidates over those without the certification. This opens many new and exciting career avenues for testing professionals.
What are the Certification Streams of ISTQB?
In line with the latest changes in the testing domain, it is now possible to take the certification in the chosen stream. Below are the details of the 3 streams currently offered by ISTQB:
- Core: Core is the traditional testing certification that was and continues to be followed by ISTQB. It includes the core testing concepts and understandings that are valid across multiple domains.
- Agile: This certification corresponds to testing practices and implementation in an Agile environment. With changing project development scenarios and the industry-wide acceptance of the agile practices, ISTQB introduced this stream to specifically cater to agile testing.
- Specialist: As the name suggests, this certification is for specialization in different fields of testing. It follows a deep-down approach in a particular type of testing and expects the testing professionals to have a deeper understanding and knowledge of these specialized branches of testing.